The BLUTOP® range
As the final link in the water cycle before consumption in our homes, distribution pipes play a crucial role in ensuring a reliable supply of high-quality water. BLUTOP® is a dependable, proven solution for small-diameter pipes, eliminating the need to choose between flexibility and corrosion resistance, between competitiveness and durability, and between innovation and tradition.
Proven to significantly improve the operating efficiency and working conditions of pipe-laying teams at work sites, the award-winning BLUTOP range is ideal for use within drinking water distribution networks in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
It has been designed to facilitate the extension or renewal of existing networks and, advantageously, is dimensionally compatible with existing plastic pipe (Polyethylene/PE and Polyvinyl Chloride/PVC) networks and their related connection and maintenance accessories.
Available with diameters of between 75 and 160 mm, the ductile cast iron pipes and fittings of the BLUTOP range are expected to last more than 100 years, due to their high mechanical strength, protection against soil and water aggression, guaranteed leak tightness, and flexible junctions.
- Innovation: The BLUTOP range benefits from the latest PAM technical advances, resulting in a lighter pipe that can be transported to hard-to-reach locations, carried on site by hand and insertd using a crowbar. The highly flexible joint facilitates pipe laying on uneven ground, in narrow trenches and confined spaces.
- Cost and time savings: the significant angular deviation (up to 6°) at joints necessitates fewer fittings and reduces the cost of works, while the easily-cleaned socket, easily-fitted pre-lubricated joint, thinner iron wall and hole-cutting tools reduce cutting times.
- Durability: the Ductan internal lining, which is inert in contact with drinking water, helps reduce head losses and, in turn, pumping costs. Also present in most PAM products, the BioZinalium protective exterior coating is designed to be very durable in underground conditions and has minimal enivronmental impact.
- Compliance: the BLUTOP range is accredited with a certificate of sanitary conformity for drinking water in accordance with all UK requirements.
The BLUTOP® solution was developed in keeping
with the principles of sustainable development and
delivers outstanding environmental performance.
EXTENDED SERVICE LIFE
As investment in renewing water supply
infrastructure is declining in relative terms, water
network managers are demanding longer service
lives. Ductile iron components are not prone
to ageing. Their mechanical properties remain
constant over time.
Reducing the amount of water lost in leaks from
pipe systems is a major issue. BLUTOP® delivers a
two-pronged solution, as ductile iron components
(including pipes, fittings, valves and accessories)
have an excellent reputation for both leaktightness
and pressure resistance.
LESS ENERGY REQUIRED FOR PUMPING
Improving leaktightness reduces head losses,
which in turn saves energy.
BLUTOP® revolutionises pipe installation and use.
Pipe-laying operations are quicker because pipes
and fittings can be transported by hand and
inserted using a crowbar.
The BLUTOP® pipe range is compatible with
existing plastic pipe networks and their related
connection and maintenance accessories
In accordance with the major European regulatory
requirements, drinking water Certificates have
been obtained for all materials used in the
BLUTOP® range (DUCTAN® coating, epoxy,
elastomers, lubricating paste and repair products).
|Technical Details||Features & Benefits|
*The new BioZinalium coating system will progressively replace our current Zinalium (ZnAl alloy) + epoxy coating system as stocks are replenished.
Standards & Approvals
+44 (0)115 930 0700
+44 (0)115 930 5000
Saint-Gobain PAM supplies ductile iron pipelines throughout the world, allowing water to be transported from its source to treatment plants and places of consumption. PAM solutions cover the entire water transport cycle :
Potable Water Distribution
Saint-Gobain PAM is involved in both the preservation of the 'water' resource and its transport in all situations. Only 3% of the Earth's water is fresh water and over two thirds of this is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining water is therefore a very precious resource. We have the utmost respect for this rare commodity and pride ourselves in providing comprehensive pipe solutions for the supply, treatment and distribution of drinking (potable) and raw water (untreated) as well as waste and recycled water.
Developed from PAM proprietary research, the wide variety of our ductile iron pipelines ranges include external coatings, joints and internal linings that highly adaptable to various geographical configurations and different types of work site environments. For example, our solutions have been carefully customised to handle aggressive soils, soft waters, and irrigation requirements.
Our Product Ranges include:
- The reference ductile iron pipe for water distribution networks, the NATURAL range combines past experience with advanced technologies to ensure the robustness of ductile iron pipes, their ease of laying and speed of installation, reliable operation and long-term durability
- Scientifically innovative, the award-winning BLUTOP range is ideal for use within drinking water distribution networks in urban, semi-urban and rural areas
- Suited for conveying large volumes of water, the robust, ductile iron pipes of the CLASSIC range are built to last in the most adverse conditions.
See below for further product details and technical specifications: