The CLASSIC range
The pipe for large supplying water pipelines
- Multipurpose: robust and easy to install using standard work site tools, CLASSIC ductile iron pipes are suitable for long-distance transport by truck, train or boat, and for use in all types of geographical terrain, including difficult locations such as mountains, deserts, forests and swamps
- Durability: Ductile iron, obtained by a special Magnesium treatment, has an elastic behaviour that confers outstanding mechanical properties on the metal. It is tough and resistant to impact; has a considerable elongation (bending) capacity (>10%) and elastic limit (>270 MPa); and is rigid with minimal deformation
- Reliability: The elastomer gaskets allow a modular pipleline system as well as ensuring operational reliability by guaranteeing leak tightness of the socket and spigot joint. The flexibility of the gaskets facilitate the curvature of the pipeline, turning around of obstacles, and the crossing of the majority of zones, even with constraints such as steep slopes, rocky areas, laying below the water table and river crossings.
- Stability: Our robust pipes can withstand high external loading and environmental changes such as ground movements, pipe undermining, and bedding destabilization without fracturing, cracking or disjointing. Moreover, they are designed with a high safety factor, exceeding that required in service, in order to accommodate not only high continuous service regimes, but also any over pressures and water hammer without installation deterioration.
- Diameter range:
- DN1200 – DN2000 Push-fit joint:
- Non restrained (Rapid joint)
More information on all Jointing Systems available
- Pipes: Zn 200g/m2 + black synthetic resin (Aquacoat)
- Fittings: Blue Epoxy 250μm
More information on Special Coatings here
- Pipes: Blast furnace cement
- Fittings: Blue Epoxy 250μm
Key Features & Benefits
- Ductile iron material
- Mechanically robust
- Highly resistant to damage
- High safety margin to operate at up-rated pressures
- Long term reliability
- High degree of protection against the majority of soil conditions
- Eco friendly: recycled and infinitely recyclable
- Up to 5 degrees angular deflection
Standards & Approvals
Saint-Gobain PAM supplies ductile iron pipelines throughout the world, allowing water to be transported from its source to treatment plants and places of consumption. PAM solutions cover the entire water transport cycle :
Potable Water Distribution
Saint-Gobain PAM is involved in both the preservation of the 'water' resource and its transport in all situations. Only 3% of the Earth's water is fresh water and over two thirds of this is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining water is therefore a very precious resource. We have the utmost respect for this rare commodity and pride ourselves in providing comprehensive pipe solutions for the supply, treatment and distribution of drinking (potable) and raw water (untreated) as well as waste and recycled water.
Developed from PAM proprietary research, the wide variety of our ductile iron pipelines ranges include external coatings, joints and internal linings that highly adaptable to various geographical configurations and different types of work site environments. For example, our solutions have been carefully customised to handle aggressive soils, soft waters, and irrigation requirements.
Our Product Ranges include:
- The reference ductile iron pipe for water distribution networks, the NATURAL range combines past experience with advanced technologies to ensure the robustness of ductile iron pipes, their ease of laying and speed of installation, reliable operation and long-term durability
- Scientifically innovative, the award-winning BLUTOP range is ideal for use within drinking water distribution networks in urban, semi-urban and rural areas
- Suited for conveying large volumes of water, the robust, ductile iron pipes of the CLASSIC range are built to last in the most adverse conditions.
See below for further product details and technical specifications: