The Inter-Ax range of traditional lift out covers was developed following an extensive 3 year research programme conducted by Nottingham University to understand the mechanisms at play that cause the failure of ironwork installations. The research determined the need for ironwork design to evolve and for products to:
- Resist movement and deformation under dynamic loading
- Reduce the stress transmitted through the frame into the sub-structure
- Provide an enlarged surface area to interact with installation and reinstatement materias
Inter-Ax achieves this due to its inherent high performance durability features:
- Each cover section incorporates 3 points of suspension which ensures it is silent and non-rock in operation
- In addition to this, the Inter-Ax range also features the Load Transfer System, LTS is a patented system that reduces strain from the dynamic forces created by passing traffic that would normally be transmitted into the sub-structure leading to failure in bedding materials.
Inter-Ax for many years has since been the reference for durability and performance and was the first product to feature the Load Transfer System. Available in clear opening sizes from 450x450 to 1250x675 and in 100mm or 150mm frame depths.
Group 4 D400 load classification and in N or H Intensity.
Key Features & Benefits
- Double triangular non-rock cover design
- LTS durability and installation features as standard
- Ventilated and locked options available
- Safety grids available for a number of sizes
- Seal plate capable option available within range
Load Transfer System
Recommended for use in city roads carrying continuous heavy traffic.
Standards & Approvals
Other Features Available
Videos and pictures