The NATURAL range
The reference pipe for water distribution
Resulting from our ongoing research into zinc-based coatings to improve the protection of buried networks of iron pipes, this PAM range has become embedded all over Europe and is at the heart of the hydraulic networks heritage. The NATURAL range benefits from BioZinalium® external protection technology, which ensures very long durability in underground conditions. The internal lining is composed of centrifuged cement mortar, which offers excellent hydraulic conditions as well as an effective protection against the aggressiveness of water. NATURAL fittings are also delivered with a blue epoxy coating, applied by cataphoresis or by powder coating.
Composed of pipes with standard joints, associated with RAPID or UNIVERSAL joint fittings, the NATURAL range comes highly recommended by pipe-laying contractors as it makes installation extremely easy. The small/medium diameter pipe system dedicated to potable water applications is available between 80 and 1000 mm. They are suitable for both transport and distribution of water in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
Innovation: the NATURAL range combines past experience with advanced technologies to ensure the robustness of ductile iron pipes, their ease of laying and speed of installation, reliable operation and long-term durability.
- Diameter range: DN80– DN800 (DN900–DN1200 on consultation
- Push-fit joint:
- Non restrained (Rapid)
- Self-restrained (Rapid Vi)
More information on all jointing systems available
- Pipes (2 options):
- DN80-DN300: BioZinalium, Zn-AL (Cu) alloy 400g/m2 + water-based paint (Aquacoat)
- DN350-1200: Zn-AL alloy 400g/m2 (Zinalium) + blue epoxy
- Fittings: Blue epoxy 250μm
More information on Special Coatings here
- Pipes (2 options):
- System CL: Blast furnace cement
- System XL (DN80-DN700 only): Cement mortar + epoxy seal coat (for soft water areas only)
- Fittings: Blue Epoxy 250μm
Key Features & Benefits
- Ductile iron material
- Mechanically robust
- Highly resistant to damage
- High safety margin to operate at up-rated pressures
- Long term reliability
- Coating suitable for more than 90% of UK soils
- Eco friendly: recycled and infinitely recyclable
- Self-anchoring gasket available for restrained pipes application
- Up to 5 degrees angular deflection
Standards & Approvals
+44 (0)115 930 0700
+44 (0)115 930 5000
Saint-Gobain PAM supplies ductile iron pipelines throughout the world, allowing water to be transported from its source to treatment plants and places of consumption. PAM solutions cover the entire water transport cycle :
Potable Water Distribution
Saint-Gobain PAM is involved in both the preservation of the 'water' resource and its transport in all situations. Only 3% of the Earth's water is fresh water and over two thirds of this is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining water is therefore a very precious resource. We have the utmost respect for this rare commodity and pride ourselves in providing comprehensive pipe solutions for the supply, treatment and distribution of drinking (potable) and raw water (untreated) as well as waste and recycled water.
Developed from PAM proprietary research, the wide variety of our ductile iron pipelines ranges include external coatings, joints and internal linings that highly adaptable to various geographical configurations and different types of work site environments. For example, our solutions have been carefully customised to handle aggressive soils, soft waters, and irrigation requirements.
Our Product Ranges include:
- The reference ductile iron pipe for water distribution networks, the NATURAL range combines past experience with advanced technologies to ensure the robustness of ductile iron pipes, their ease of laying and speed of installation, reliable operation and long-term durability
- Scientifically innovative, the award-winning BLUTOP range is ideal for use within drinking water distribution networks in urban, semi-urban and rural areas
- Suited for conveying large volumes of water, the robust, ductile iron pipes of the CLASSIC range are built to last in the most adverse conditions.
See below for further product details and technical specifications: