B125 Torsion Spring Assist Lift Access Cover
Group 2 B125 load classification.
Recommended for use in medium duty applications where an assisted lift and lockable solution is required.
Standards & Approvals
Key Features & Benefits
- It brings together the proven performance of ductile iron, a material used for access covers for decades, with the added benefit of an assist lift feature offering fast and safe cover operation.
- We have developed a solution in Horizon with safety of the operator at the forefront of our thinking.
- This has been achieved by the addition of stainless steel torsion springs to the hinged cover sections which dramatically reduces the effort required when operating the cover sections.
- The resistance of the springs combined with an integral stay arm, prevents the accidental closure of the cover sections providing a safe working environment.
Skid and slip resistance is provided by our widely recognised raised radial chevron chequer design used on our core ranges high-performing access covers.
Security is provided by the inclusion of an integral lock housing that is designed to accept padlock. The lock housing itself is protected by a hinged access panel that is secured by an integral spring bar locking system.
Horizon is manufactured from highly durable 500/7 grade ductile iron, which offers the optimum strength to weight ratio. It is designed, manufactured, inspected and tested in accordance with the stringent requirements of the European standard BS EN124 2015 Pt 2.
In addition to being kitemarked, Horizon is also compliant with the relevant requirements of sector specifications and design guidelines including:
• MCHW Volume 1 Series 1500 Highway Communications 2017
• Highways England Metal Theft Risk Assessment
• Highways England National Roads Telecommunications Services Project Document TLT/RGD/TSP/0420
Videos and pictures