Soil, drain & rainwater
Cast iron drainage systems are the quietest on the market fully supported by testing in accordance with BS EN 14366:2004.
- BS EN 14366 was introduced to provide manufacturers of all drainage materials a simple testing criteria, in order that results recorded would be comparable.
- The Ensign and EEZI-FIT ranges were tested at the Fraunhofer-Institute of Building Physics in Germany.
- The tests provide measurements for airborne and Structure-borne sound and flow rates up to 8.0 litres/sec.
- When comparing results of systems ensure comparable flow rate.
- Most buildings within the UK require a performance of 30-35 dB(A) according to BS 8233.
Standards & Approvals
- BS EN 14366: 2004 laboratory measurement of noise from waste water systems.
- BS 8233:1999 code of practice for governing acoustics within buildings.
Key Features & Benefits
- Ensign and EEZI-FIT acoustic performance is superior to any acoustic plastic system by 4-5dB(A)
- 3-4dB(A) = Noise x 2
- EEZI-FIT achieved a structure-borne acoustic levels:
- 5 db at 2 litres per sec.
- 9 db at 4 litres per sec.
- When installed with cast iron brackets fitted with acoustic dampener.
- Outperforming acoustic plastic systems by 7-10db (depending on system)
- Outperforming standard HDPE by approx 20 db - download noise file to hear the difference.