Standard Classification BS EN 124
- Access covers and gully grates installed in the UK should meet the requirements of the European Standard BS EN 124.
- This applies to all situations, on and off-load and to all materials.
- Products designed to BS EN 124 are grouped and classified depending on their place of installation.
- It is the responsibility of the engineer to ensure that the correct product is specified.
- The appropriate class of manhole top or gully top to be used depends upon the place of installation.
- The selection of the appropriate class is the responsibility of the designer.
- Where there is any doubt the stronger class should be selected.